About Me

My photo
the labcat is the online life of labrys, smith college's art/literary magazine. we collect poems, prose, flash-fiction, letters, diary entries, essays, doodles, paintings, oils, sketches, photography, animation, videos, graphics, chicken-scratches, stippling, charcoal rubbing, pastels, collages, observations, music and whatever else inspires you. send it in bulky bundles to labrys@smith.edu.

Friday, September 14, 2012

friday sentiments

For reasons entirely due to my own procrastinatory (it is a word) tendencies, this lovely start to the weekend finds me holed up in the periodicals room working on last minute assignments. However, I did find some time in this midst of all my pointed concentration to quickly flip through this summer's Paris Review and find this lovely quote for you (rhyming unintended):

"Don't be so sensitive. Lots of things bore me. Things I love. My husband. My daughter. My Native American pottery collection. It's not an insult."
                                  - Sam Lipsyte, "This Appointment Occurs in the Past"

I thought it put my general feelings towards 200+ pages of economics reading into words perfectly. The rest of the story is just as good, so if you too find yourself "working" up here sometime soon, I'd highly recommend it. Oh and--

Welcome back,
Kristen (former secretary/budding social media chair)

No comments: